Communication channels used to be confined to hand-written notes delivered by horse that would take several days to get to one place.
It amazes me the number of ways people across the entire world can communicate instantly with coworkers, friends and family at the drop of a hat.
This is one of the reasons that the United States Postal Service is struggling (estimated debt of $12 billion and operating loss of more than 6 Billion this year) and one of the reasons why communication technologies like smart phones, laptop computers, and internet service providers
6 Fun Facts about Communication Technology:
- 70 = The percentage of YouTube traffic that comes from outside the US.
- Bluetooth®, is named after a tenth-century king of Denmark and Norway, Harald Bluetooth. Harald was known for uniting various warring tribes in Denmark and Norway, as the technology is intended to unite various other technologies.
- 107 trillion – The number of emails sent on the Internet in 2010.
- 25 billion – Number of sent tweets on Twitter in 2010
- 2 billion – The number of videos watched per day on YouTube.
- 36 billion – At the current rate, the number of photos uploaded to Facebook per year.
Here are some of the popular ways to connect with AmpliVox if you have a question, comment, or suggestion:
- 1-800-AMPLIVOX. Always talk to a real life person during business hours.
- AmpliVox Portable Sound Systems and Lecterns on Facebook
- Twitter @AmpliVox
- Email us