Chicago in summer is a sight to behold. The parks are lush, Lake Michigan glimmers in the hot sun, and the streets are filled with tourists and locals who managed to have the fortitude to survive a Chicago winter. Here are some of my favorite things to do in Chicago during the summer.
1. BBQ / Bon Fires: Whether you use propane or charcoal grills, nothing beats a home cooked meal over an open flame or relaxing around a bon fire socializing with your friends.
2. Wrigley Field: I know the Cubs haven't won a world series since 1908 but no matter how good those pesky south-siders do I will always be a Cubs fan. Chicagoans have always stuck by their teams, win or lose the city of Chicago supports all their athletic clubs.
3. Chicago Beaches: Whether its rollerblading, volleyball, or relaxing and soaking in the sun, Chicago has some of the most beautiful beaches in the mid-west.
4. Millennium Park: If you've never been to Chicago's Millennium Park you don't know what your missing. From the beautiful landscaping, to the "bean", and live concerts, it's no wonder why it's Chicago's leading tourist attraction.
5. The Taste of Chicago: Chicago's ten day lakefront festival serves an array of food from ethnic to exotic to Chicago specialties. The festival is held once a year and be prepared to battle the crowds for some of the best food Chicago has to offer.
BLOG: The Great Blizzard of 2011 "Snowpocalypse"
BLOG: 7 Easy Tips to Living Green
BLOG: Do you Have the Winter Blues?
BLOG: Northbrook, IL (Home of Amplivox)